The following techniques are used on this page:
- there are transparent areas in the image used as the background
for the heading
- the text on the banner is not part of the image (try double-clicking to
- the background image for the page is quite small - it repeats
in both directions
- the sunglasses use both transparent and translucent
areas (translucency is created using the alpha channel in most
graphics programs). The areas around the edge and where the nose would
be are completely transparent, and the lenses are tinted.
- the area behind this text also has a translucent quality created using rgba()
You can hold the mouse button down to move the sunglasses (or tap the screen if you are using a touch-screen device) - you will see
that the lenses are darkened, but you can see through them.